2 February 2024

solar eclipse

I'm confused and that's no secret. 
I know. I told you. 
I'll tell anyone who'll listen. 

We ended for good reason.
"I didn't know what I had until I lost it" is quite the tired platitude, isn't it?
It didn't become one for no reason. 

I'm confused. 
About so many things.
But there are things I know as clear as day.

I see you across the room and it's torture, I can't hug you, I can't kiss you, I can't smile at you like we got a little secret that's only known to us. I can't stratch your buzzcut, I can't tickle you 'cause I love the way you giggle. 

I'm confused.

No matter what happens there will always be a lesson.  
Hold onto what you have, appreciate before it is too late. 

I'm confused. 
But I don't want to confuse you. 

So all I can do is steal glances across the room.
Squit.
Look away. 
Bask in it.

It's too much like looking at the sun.